Installing 4.0 on XP

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

benr

Installing 4.0 on XP

Post by benr » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:07 pm

Hi,

We're trying to upgrade our 3.5 installation to 4.0 and are getting the attached error message.

We're installing this on a Windows XP machine - we had been running on Windows Server 2003 but had problems that <a href="http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... ">couldn't seem to be resolved</a>.
Attachments
vault_iis.png
vault_iis.png (5.44 KiB) Viewed 5137 times

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:19 pm

We generally see this error when the installer does not have access to the registry to detect the version/existence of IIS.

Is Vault 3.5 already on this machine? If not, is IIS installed. Windows XP does not have IIS installed by default. You need to add it with Add/Remove Windows programs form the Control Panel.

If IIS is installed, then check your registry permissions to allow access to modify or write to the registry. You should be logged into the machine with full Admin privileges when running the installer -- the installer will use your credentials during the installation.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

benr

Post by benr » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:04 am

Thanks Linda, I was able to install the server under another user and the installation worked.

Unfortunately, Vault wouldn't. I kept getting 402.1 errors and "object not set to a reference of an object".

I was holding back the dev team, so I've had to roll back to 3.5 until I can setup an environment that will allow me to have the current install running while I try to get 4.0 installed.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:53 pm

OK, let us know if you need further support when you next install Vault 4.0.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager