Get old folder?

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

jobrien

Post by jobrien » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:38 pm

GregM wrote:This has been discussed before as an issue with how the VSS import works:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1135
Thanks. I searched but I didn't find that. OK, I understand the issue now.
jeremy_sg in that link wrote:If you want, I can work with you to develop a small ClientAPI app that will download the file versions that match a certain date
So, can you sketch that briefly?

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:40 pm

Ditto. I was just about to mention that. :-) From that post: "VSS doesn't have folder versions, the import will create the folder structure in Vault and import each file, creating a new Vault version for every VSS version." This only applies to the VSS history. Anything created in Vault only will look normal.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:04 pm

I checked with the developer that wrote that reply and the user had apparently declined so it never got written. It can be placed into his work lineup, but that puts it to a few weeks out if you can wait that long.

jobrien

Post by jobrien » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:34 pm

Beth wrote:I checked with the developer that wrote that reply and the user had apparently declined so it never got written. It can be placed into his work lineup, but that puts it to a few weeks out if you can wait that long.
Don't worry about it for now. Let's wait until I need it. Truth be told, if I want to pull an old version, I'll probably just fire up VSS and go back to the original (saved) VSS archive.