404 error when creating Shadow Folder

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

rob@drkatz.com

404 error when creating Shadow Folder

Post by rob@drkatz.com » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:32 am

I just upgraded to 4.0.1 to find that my shadow folders for 3.5.x didn't get migrated. This is a little annoying, but not the end of the world. So I found the page in the admin where I can create new shadow folders, but when I fill out the form and click the "Add" button, I get a page that says:

Error
The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.

The URL in IE is http://www.mydomain.com/vaultservice/Ad ... px?repid=2

Obviously mydomain.com isn't our real domain name. I just don't want that made public right now. Any suggestions? I really need the shadow folders working soon.

Thanks.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:19 pm

Are your shadow folders on the same machine as Vault or a separate machine?

Did you create a new folder for the shadow folders or are you trying to use the previous one?

Do you have a backup that might include the previous web.config before the upgrade? There's a forum post HERE where the user restore previous functionality by copying over the previous web.config file.

rob@drkatz.com

Post by rob@drkatz.com » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:31 pm

The shadow folder is on the same machine as Vault, and I'm trying to create a shadow folder for an existing folder. Unfortunately I don't have a previous web.config that I can use.

Thanks for the help.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:23 pm

When setting up a new shadow folder, it works best to have an empty folder and then Vault will copy down the latest version to that folder. Could you try with a new empty folder?

rob@drkatz.com

Post by rob@drkatz.com » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:00 pm

I tried that, but it didn't work, which doesn't really suprise me. I'm sure you know more about this than I do, but the error I'm getting indicates that a web page file is missing (404 error). The part that doesn't make sense is that the ShadowFolders.aspx file does exist on our server.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:40 pm

Had you performed a straight upgrade, or an uninstall or reinstall? If you performed just an upgrade, it might be worth it to just uninstall and reinstall. Especially if you don't see that file present. By default it should be in: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VaultService\VaultShadowFolder.

What version exactly had you upgraded from? I'll try this out and if it happens, then I'll log a bug and get this looked into.

rob@drkatz.com

Post by rob@drkatz.com » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:44 am

I did an uninstall and a reinstall, but the problem still persists. Let me know if there's any other information I can provide.

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:48 pm

Can you send me an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread?

Also, please zip up and send your Vault Server Log and your Shadow Folder log? Both can be found in the Windows Temp directory by default.