DIFF perform very slow

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:23 pm

Are all other things working fine with Vault?

You're using the diff from within Vault, right? Or are you pulling up the diff program separately and just comparing two files on disk?

The thing I suspect is that that extension is probably not listed as a mergeable file in Vault. It's a bad idea to have project files be mergeable. Just as a test, you can add it from your mergeable files list (in the Admin tool) and see if the diff runs faster. That will at least tell you on that part, but I'd add it back in afterwards just to make sure people don't start merging those.

What version of Vault are you using?
Are you using the diff/merge tool that came with it or our separate download?

Also, you can always pull the files down to disk and use the diff tool outside of Vault to compare and see if that works better for you.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:03 am

We have a newer Diff/Merge tool that you can download for free and try. You can also use it right with Vault by going to your Tools - Options - Diff/Merge and configuring the patch to the .exe to be to the new tool. That tool can be found here: http://www.sourcegear.com/diffmerge/downloads.html.

Give that a try and let me know if that works better for you.

jeffhostetler

You might turn off intraline highlighting.

Post by jeffhostetler » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:54 am

You might try turning off intraline highlighting and see if that speeds things up for you.

You can do this via the Options dialog.

j