Running the automatic rebinding tool

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Lane

Running the automatic rebinding tool

Post by Lane » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:53 am

In this topic:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=8214

You give instructions on automatically rebinding solutions and projects to take advantage of the new IDE integration for VS 2005.

I ran this against a solution, and it seemed to run successfully. However, when I then opened Visual Studio, I got a login screen for Vault, and when I entered my username and password, it told me login failed.

I hit the cancel button and the project loaded without source control bindings. When I try to add to vault, I get the attached error.
Attachments
sourcegear error.jpg
sourcegear error.jpg (9.35 KiB) Viewed 6675 times

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:11 am

When you hit cancel on the login dialog, it most likely marked the solution as offline. Can you attempt to go Online again by right clicking the solution and choosing Online?

Also, please note that you can use the automatic tool to remove all source control bindings and then manually bind the solution to vault in Visual Studio.

Lane

Post by Lane » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:16 am

Thanks, I managed to rebind manually. I'm going to be instructing my users not to use your automatic tool. They seem to be doing fine with the manual process.

I'd suggest you remove it from your forum or at least provide better instructions and troubleshooting tips.

feken

Post by feken » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:12 pm

I've got exactly the same behaviour...

The conversion tool runs okay and then I'm not able to logon if I open that solution.. Had to do everything manually.

Didn't even bother to mention it.. guess I'm getting used to buggy sourcegear releases.