URGENT: Admin Tool 3.52 got "protocol not supported&quo

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Tri

URGENT: Admin Tool 3.52 got "protocol not supported&quo

Post by Tri » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:57 am

I have attempted to update Vault Server 3.16 to 3.52. The server was updated OK, although it had lost the previous Server config settings (email & Active Directory).

The Vault client 3.52 could connect OK. Its reporte both Client and Server to be 3.5.2.5087

The Admin Tool works OK on the Server itself. However, when I installed on my laptop the Admin Tool 3.52 downloaded from your site http://download.sourcegear.com/files/Va ... _3_5_2.msi (or the one in the http://www.My CompanyABZX.com/VaultService/ page). I got the following error:

This Vault server uses a protocol that is not supported by this client.

I have tried to un-install + re-install several times. Always the same error. If I installed Admin Tool on another computer which doesn't have any Vault program installed previously then Admin Tool works OK. What's wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:28 pm

This Vault server uses a protocol that is not supported by this client.
This means a version mismatch. We have had a couple of reports of the Vault 3.5.x Admin installer not overwriting files of an existing installation.

If you're using the Admin Tool from a shortcut, check the path to the executable. Then look at the version of the files in the Admin Tool directory. What are the dates?

Is it possible there's another installation of the Admin Tool on the same machine?

Try manually uninstalling the Admin Tool by removing this registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SourceGear\Vault\Admin

Also remove the Admin Tool directory in Program Files\SourceGear.

Then reinstall
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Tri

Post by Tri » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:28 am

Thanks Linda for your quick help. Deleting the reg key did the trick.

There was only one instance of Vault Admin on the machine. And when it was uninstalled, the "C:\Program Files\SourceGear\Admin Tool" was deleted.