Feature Request: Adding solution XXXX to Vault/Fortress

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

gmagana

Feature Request: Adding solution XXXX to Vault/Fortress

Post by gmagana » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:04 pm

Just a little feature request for the VS-integrate d client... It would be cool if we saw some sort of progress bar or progress updates in this dialog instead of just static text... Right now I am waiting for a solution with about 24 MB of content to be added to Fortress, and it's just a guess as to how long that's going to take... I guess Fortress says "it'll be done when it's done" :)

PS - I know I have Fortress and this is the Vault forum, but I posted here because it probably applies to both products...
gabriel magana-gonzalez

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:54 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I will log it as a feature request. The Vault GUI client has a progress bar--I can see where this would be helpful in the integrated client as well.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

gmagana

Post by gmagana » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:01 am

Grrr... this is the second time I've tried to add the solution to Fortress, and the process goes on for about three hours and then tells me operation timed out, check your network settings (or something to that effect)... The bad thing is that the files are half-added to version control, not all files are there.

My Fortress server is in a colocated location, so there is no local access.

Anyway, I will work on this without version control, and then try to see exactly what timed out. This is taking an excessive amount of time to add to Fortress, at this location I have 768 kb upload speed, I would doubt network speed would be a problem. The network connection was not interrupted either...
gabriel magana-gonzalez

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:13 am

We're aware of some performance issues when adding a solution to Vault/Fortress. There are significant improvements coming in a future release, though I can't yet give an accurate estimate when they will ship.
Ian Olsen
SourceGear

gmagana

Post by gmagana » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:50 pm

Thanks... Is there a suggested workaround? For example adding the files by hand (through the client) then re-binding within VS2005 (VS2005 client, in case it matters), or some other "clever" way of going around it right now?

Thanks,

gabriel
gabriel magana-gonzalez

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:50 am

Adding the files via the stand-alone client and simply binding the solution within Visual Studio should work, yes.
Ian Olsen
SourceGear