FailOutofDateObjVerID

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

saxdude68

FailOutofDateObjVerID

Post by saxdude68 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:58 am

We're having all sorts of strange issues here. We've been running Vault Version 3.5.1.4786 for 6 months now, but all of a sudden programmers cannot check files in through Visual Studio, either in VS2003 or VS2005. They're getting all sorts of errors. A recent log file is attached.

By the way, yesterday I restarted IIS because I found a support page that reccomended that for the type of errors we were getting a few days ago (FailBubbleFolders).

What's going on here? I need help fast, because 12 programmers are getting really bogged down!

Thanks!

-Mike
Attachments
sgvault.log.txt
(76.51 KiB) Downloaded 639 times

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:25 am

I looked through your log and it looks like the iisreset fixed the FailBubbleFolders error.

What I see going on now are the following errors:
  • FailOutofDateObjVerID
    FailDeltaApply
    FailObjAlreadyExists
They might not all be related. I think that this is still related though to the bubble folders issue a bit. You reset IIS, and it cleared it's cache out and updated it's information, and I'm thinking the clients still have cache information from before and now they are seeing mis-matches. The way to take care of that is to Clear the Client Side Cache.

If everything is under Visual Studio, then your clients can delete everything in Vault_1 (VS will know where the working folders are). Before doing that, have your clients make a back-up copy of files they've made changes to (not usually needed, just a precaution). Once you clear that cache, then you should be able to open your project in VS, and Vault will rebuild the cache. Then try to check in and let me know the results.

saxdude68

Post by saxdude68 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:08 pm

OK, I've tried it on my local client and sent that article around to the programming staff here. I wasn't having issues like this anyways, so I'll have to see what everyone says.

Thanks. I'll keep you posted.

-Mike