Xilinx tool reports files have changed

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

clarkml

Xilinx tool reports files have changed

Post by clarkml » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:44 am

We use FPGA tools such as Xilinx. We used VSS in the past with Xilinx with no issues but now after migrating to Vault Xilinx is reporting files changes after checking them in to Vault 3.5.1. We did see that keyword expansion was on for the repository and the $Header was being changed. Created a new repo and imported the folder to that repo to get around that but still files say that are getting changed upon checkin and checkout.

What things in Vault could cause files to change and keyword expansion is off. I'm think date/time stamps perhaps...

Thanks

Mike

clarkml

Update on Xilinx detecting changed files upon checkin

Post by clarkml » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:21 pm

I found that if you change the Vault option for Check In --> Check In unchanged files --> to Check In instead of Undo Check Out our Xilinx tool says the files haven't been changed.

So my question is now what is different about this option. Setting this option takes more time and creates more versions than needed. What happens to a file when Vault undoes a check out that would modify the date/time to make other tools that rely on date/time to determine if they've been changed or not.

Thanks

Mike

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:54 pm

When an undo check out is performed, by default the file on disk is reverted back to its previous version. The user can either change the setting for Check In Unchanged Files from Undo Check Out to Check In, or on the setting for Undo Check Out, the user can change that to Leave. The first option is in Vault Tools - Options - Check In, and the second is in Vault Tools - Options - Local Files.