VB 6 IDE integration

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

mattFleming

VB 6 IDE integration

Post by mattFleming » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:10 am

I am having problems with Visual Basic 6.0 integration with Vault 2.0.1. I have a VB project that exists in Vault. I do a clean get from Vault, then open the project in VB and I get prompted to add the project to Vault. If I select no then source control is disabled for that project. If I select yes then I am prompted to add the project to source control. I then navigate to the correct project in Vault and select Ok. When I do this I get the message, "All available files have already been added to source code control".

The project is now connected to source control and the file MSSCCPRJ.SCC is created in the project directory. From then on when I open the project it connects to source control correctly.

I did not have this problem when I was using SourceSafe.

Have you seen this problem?

Matt Fleming

dan

Post by dan » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:25 am

Did you migrate the project from VSS (using the import tool)? If so, you might have needed to do a "Create Project from Source Control" on the project to a new working folder (or the same one, with your existing files moved somewhere else) for it to create the bindings to Vault.

It sounds like the bindings have been set correctly now?

mattFleming

Post by mattFleming » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:33 am

It looks like if I start with a fresh GET then open the VB project with "Tools->Vault SourceGear->Create Project from SourceGear Vault". Then everything is setup correctly.