Show History Filter Question

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Lance.Marrano

Show History Filter Question

Post by Lance.Marrano » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:07 pm

Is there a way to filter out items from the history list? In my case, I want to see all the updates to a specific folder (and it's children) after a certain date, but there are certain subfolders I don't want included. Is there a way to do this?

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:46 am

One can do the date sorting, but not just excluding certain subfolders like you mentioned. I can take a feature request.

If you are creating a report and not just looking for something specific, if you perform a Save As after bringing up the history, you can save it as a .csv which can be used by spreadsheet programs and the like. Then you can manipulate and filter the data further.

Lance.Marrano

Post by Lance.Marrano » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:18 am

Thanks,
I was able to constrain my filter by adding specific file extensions, as the files I wanted to exclude were not source code or typical project files (help documentation and related output). It might be a nice feature request to add a tab to the filter dialog where you could select/deselect which child folders you wanted searched. Don't know how often this would be needed, however, so don't know what type of priority you would put on it.
Thanks again.