"Downgrade" from Fortress to Vault

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

tomt84

"Downgrade" from Fortress to Vault

Post by tomt84 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:06 am

Hi

I've been evaluating Fortress, but we have chosen to just go with Vault for source control instead of using the whole ALM solution in Fortress.

I need to basically convert a Fortress installation into a Vault installation so I can apply Vault-only licenses to it.

I can't find any documentation on this, and I've tried the obvious uninstall Fortress, delete all databases apart from sgvault, install Vault route, but then when I try to log on to the web interface I get "invalid password", even when I enter the same password I entered during setup.

This is all installed on a virtual machine so data loss isn't an issue - I can attempt this as many times as necessary.

Any pointers at all?

Thanks.
Tom Fanning

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:49 pm

We haven't tested this, but one user reported he was able to delete the sgdragnet database (leaving sgvault and sgmaster) then install Vault 4.0.x. Vault needs the sgmaster database as well as sgvault. Sgmaster holds user information.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

tomt84

Post by tomt84 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:09 am

I will give this a go (deleting all databases apart from sgvault and sgmaster) after hours one day.

Thanks for the confirmation.
Tom Fanning

tomt84

Post by tomt84 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:42 am

Well I can report that this worked. Sort of.

Vault is back up and running now (don't know what was causing the issues the first time I tried it), but every VS2005 solution stored in source control is broken - the solution opens, but all the projects are "unavailable". "Reloading" them from a right-click menu brings up a "Project may have been moved or deleted" type error message. I had to remove them all and then re-add them. Any VS setup projects (vdproj?) have been lost entirely.

For one of our more complex solutions, I actually ended up stripping out all the "scc" related tags in each .csproj file before I could get Visual Studio to open it.
Tom Fanning