Folder Security Error

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Busboy

Folder Security Error

Post by Busboy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:20 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to modify folder security after a branch. I noticed 3 "paths" or "folders" in the "Folder Security Rights Assignments" that are not available in my repository tree (nor are they in the "Deleted" list). I created one of the folders using my Vault client, but now my web-admin Folder Security tool just reports: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

sgvault.log:
  • ----15.11.2007 21:02:52 admin--10.0.2.104(10.0.2.104)--SSL Disabled System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at VaultWebLib.RepositoryTree.Render(HtmlTextWriter output)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)
    . . . . . .
What can I do now ???
I must be able to set security on my projects :(
We are using Vault v4.0.5

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:43 pm

First, try restarting IIS. There may be some incorrect cached information on the server-side.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, post a screenshot of what you're seeing and security rights and send a copy of the Vault server log file to support at SourceGear.com attn: Linda, with a reference to this post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Busboy

Post by Busboy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:25 pm

Thank you - rebooting IIS solved the error report.
My 3 "ghost" folders are still listed in "Folder Security Rights Assignments", but that don't harm anyone. The folders does not exist in either Vault GUI client or deleted items list. Go figure...