Error downloading file from Vault via web interface

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

bsihsv

Error downloading file from Vault via web interface

Post by bsihsv » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:43 pm

I am using version 4.0.5.15922 of the Vault Server and I am trying to download some files via the web browser (web sourcecode control area) and I am getting an error when doing so. I go to the file and see the revision history and when I click on the version number of the file to download it I get the message "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: String". Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks and let me know if you need more info!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:29 pm

Are you trying to download the latest version, or a version from history?

Was the file branched at some point? Are you trying to get a version prior to the branch?

Are there any errors in the Vault server log file the correspond to the download error?

The Vault log is sgvault.log and is in %windir%\temp\sgvault on the server machine.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

bsihsv

Post by bsihsv » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:24 am

lbauer wrote:Are you trying to download the latest version, or a version from history?
I am trying to download the latest version (in fact on most things that I was attempting to get, there was only one (1) version)
lbauer wrote:Was the file branched at some point? Are you trying to get a version prior to the branch?
No. We do not use branched files that I am aware of...we just simply check-in and check-out files.
lbauer wrote:Are there any errors in the Vault server log file the correspond to the download error?

The Vault log is sgvault.log and is in %windir%\temp\sgvault on the server machine.
This is what I get in the log:

Code: Select all

----11/30/2007 8:23:34 AM    ***--***(***.***.***.***)--SSL Disabled	System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: String
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at VaultService.VaultWeb.GetFile.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)    at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at VaultService.VaultWeb.GetFile.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

bsihsv

Post by bsihsv » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:13 pm

Any thoughts?

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Can you post ( or send mail to support at sourcegear dot com ) the URL that Vault is generating on the link that would get the file?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

bsihsv

Post by bsihsv » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:14 am

Email has been sent.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:29 am

bsihsv:

I received the email. Unfortunately, one of the characters in your repository path has a hash ( '#' ). This is causing problems with the parser. We'll provide a fix in a later version of Vault ( and Fortress ), but unfortunately the only work around at this time is to remove the hash sign.

Sorry I cannot offer a better solution.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

bsihsv

Post by bsihsv » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:46 pm

No problem as long as it gets fixed. Almost all the paths in our 50+ GB repository have '#' symbols in them, so I will unfortunately have to wait for a fix rather than change them all.

Thanks

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Fri May 30, 2008 3:41 pm

Vault 4.1.2 contains a fix for this bug.
Subscribe to the Fortress/Vault blog