Excluding licenses.licx from source control in VS2005

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

aaron_smith

Excluding licenses.licx from source control in VS2005

Post by aaron_smith » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:35 pm

We used to use the Visual Studio 2003 client in Visual Studio 2005, but we recently decided to switch to the 2005 client. Now, that licenses.licx file wants to be checked into vault all the time and I can't stop it... There is no exclude option that I can find...

How do you set it so that you can exclude certain files, especially this licenses.licx.

Thanks,
Aaron

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:08 pm

There isn't an exclude from source control menu item, but you could try backing up the licenses.licx in your working directories, then delete these items from Vault. Vault will try to synchronize the working folder with the repository and will delete any files in the working folder that were deleted in the repository the next time you do a Get latest. Then replace the files in the working folder, but don't check them into Vault.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

aaron_smith

Post by aaron_smith » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:53 am

Is there going to be a way to do that in the future? Quite frankly, that's a pain in the back side and might force us to go back to the 2003 client... We have to do that on other files in other projects as well, not just this one licenses file. Why is there no option to do this in the 2005 client?

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:01 am

An exclude function isn't going to appear in the 2005 client in the near term, sorry. This isn't a statement about the utility of such a function, simply a reflection of what can be accomplished for the 4.1 release.

I've added a feature request and it will be considered for a future (post 4.1) release, for which there is currently no schedule.
Ian Olsen
SourceGear