Server restarts

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Macromullet

Server restarts

Post by Macromullet » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:25 pm

Our vault server keeps restarting and that is causing clients to get session timeout errors. I have tried some of the steps you outlined in other articles (like disabling iis recycling) but I cant seem to get them to stop occurring. There is nothing unusual in the logs either even with debug logging on. Everything seems like it's going along fine and then there is a restart. Note I'm using the 4.1 beta client against the 4.0.5 server. Is this a known issue?

Here is what we get in the logs:
----1/10/2008 3:43:18 PM sgvaultsystem--()--
System Started
Version 4.0.5.15922
Cache Level = 1
DataBase Buffer Size (KB) = 256
LogFile Path = C:\WINNT\Temp\sgvault
Log Level = Debug
Archive Log = Weekly
ReverseDNS Lookup = True
Maximum HTTP Request Length = 102400
Overwrite Log on Startup = False
Session Timeout = 4320
SGVault Working Directory = C:\WINNT\Temp
SGVault Server URL = http://vault.company.com
Identity = domain\user

The server is running Windows 2003 SP1.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:15 am

Hadn't seen those two together do that. So that I can narrow down exactly what is causing this I'm going to need more information.

Can you open a Vault client, connect to a repository, select Help - Technical support, and copy all the environment information there to a post? I don't need the licensing information under the environment info.

Then, you will want to put your Vault Server Log into debug mode if it's not there already (requires an iisreset). Then the next time it recycles, zip up and provide me the log.

If you prefer to not have this information here, we can take this offline. Just send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:04 am

Also, could you check your Event Viewer log for errors? Specifically look in the application log, or you can zip that up for me too.