command line - undocheckout

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

MapData

command line - undocheckout

Post by MapData » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:36 pm

vault server: 4.0.6
vault client: 4.0.6

I just upgraded our vault server and the clients in the office and all went smoothly so no problem there.

In version 4.0.5 we were experiencing files being checked out twice and I had to use the admin tool to undo the extra checkout so our devs could checkin their work properly. This was the main reason I upgraded to 4.0.6.

Rather than waiting for one of the files that had been checkout twice to popup again in a week or so I thought I would get a jump on it by looking for the ones that had 2 entries in the undo checkout section of the admin tool. It turns out we have about 240 files that are checked out twice. With the terrible performance of the web page undo checkout tool (my grandmother runs faster) there is no way I am going to be checking them all out that way.

Is there any way to use the command line tool to undo the checkout of these files?
I’ve tried the undocheckout command but it looks to only undo checkouts of the user running it even if run by the admin?

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:53 am

There is an UNDOCHECKOUT command available. Run vault.exe HELP UNDOCHECKOUT for the options.

I think the command will be tied to a single user login, so you may need to run this for each named individual user.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

MapData

Re: command line - undocheckout

Post by MapData » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:16 pm

MapData wrote: I’ve tried the undocheckout command but it looks to only undo checkouts of the user running it even if run by the admin?
I cant run undocheckout for each user since I dont know their passwords unless there is a way to login with the client as admin then specify the user I need to checkout the files for?

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:52 pm

Unfortunately, there is not.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:53 pm

Let me dig deeper to see if there is another way we can achieve the same thing.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear