Checkin error

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

bluebsh

Checkin error

Post by bluebsh » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:14 am

I have a relatively large project that is located in my d:\development\projectname\trunk folder I have been using this perfecly fine for some time now... I've added 36 projects to the solution in it from visual studio .net 2005 with no problems... until today.. I add another project in the same root folder as the solution just like always before but this time it wont check in... I get the error

The project d:\development\projectname\trunk folder\project\project.vbproj cannot be added to source control. in folder (same folder minus the projectname\project.vbprof), it overlaps a project that is already bound to source control at a lower root. to avoid this problem add the project from a location below the binding root of the other source controlled projects in the solution...

im stumped... its put where visual studio puts it... and never got an error before why now and what happened? this is vault 4.0.6 i think
thanks!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:35 am

Are you using the Visual Studio 2003 plug-in, or the Visual Studio 2005 plug-in?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

bluebsh

Post by bluebsh » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:06 pm

on this project we are using the VS2003 plug-in

Terence

Post by Terence » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:48 pm

Do you have more than one project stored here: d:\development\projectname\trunk folder\project
Terence McGhee
SourceGear