History does not show latest version

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Locked
marioavc
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:01 pm

History does not show latest version

Post by marioavc » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:25 pm

I committed a change set to the repository, and after that I noticed that even if I can see there is a new version for the related files on the main window, that version is not showing in the history window.

If I go to properties for an item that already existed before the committed change set, it says "Invalid object version specified". If I try to view that item, it shows me the previous version, not the most recent.

If I go to properties for an item that I just added on that change set, it says "The object could not be found. It may have been deleted, moved or renamed."

If I try to commit a new version of a file that was just added in that change set, the transaction failed, due to the object does not exist.

It's almost like that change set transaction never occurred, but then why it is showing it like it did, and never sent me an error when committing.

Anyways, I'd like a suggestion on how to proceed from here, should I give it a rollback to the previous version, or how can I force a commit with the most recent version I have on my working directory?
Attachments
history_error.gif
History only shows until v5 when allegedly there is a v6
history_error.gif (39.01 KiB) Viewed 3919 times
existingitem_error.gif
It seems like v6 does not exist.
existingitem_error.gif (34 KiB) Viewed 3919 times
newlyadded_error.gif
This was committed on the last change set.
newlyadded_error.gif (32.88 KiB) Viewed 3919 times
commit_error.gif
It won't let you commit new versions on those damaged items.
commit_error.gif (9.1 KiB) Viewed 3919 times

lbauer
Posts: 9736
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:25 pm
Location: SourceGear

Post by lbauer » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:32 pm

What version of Vault are you using?

The first thing I would suggest is closing your client(s) and deleting the client-side cache:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6

Restart IIS, which will flush the server cache.

Then log in again, reset your working folders and see if the same situation exists.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

marioavc
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:01 pm

Post by marioavc » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:06 pm

Great! That made the trick, I deleted all client caches, because I have been accumulating a few of them across all the previous updates and migrations from Vault to Fortress, and that put it back to the previous version before that infamous commit. Then I was able to re-commit my latest version and worked like a charm!. Thanks Linda.

For the record, when this initially happened I was on Fortress 1.0.1, now I am running on 1.1.0.

Locked