DragNet!

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

andrew00

DragNet!

Post by andrew00 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:22 pm

I'm VERY excited about this upcoming release of DragNet. I've been completely unable to find a good,solid bug-tracking system and have been hoping the SOurceGear team, undoubtedly a group of excellent software engineers, would create one.

I wanted to know what DragNet will have in the way of the following features:

* Project-level security: Will I be able to keep one set of clients from viewing another set of clients bugs/feature-requests?
* Reporting: I currently use FogBugz, which has pretty much no reporting. What will DragNet have?
* Workflow: I need to have strict workflow rules - i.e., the person who submits the bug is prompted to close it out once its resolved. How good is the workflow?
* IE integration - how will it integrate with VS.NET 2003? VS.NET 2005?

dan

Re: DragNet!

Post by dan » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:23 pm

We'll have another preview of Dragnet this week, so contact linda at sourcegear.com if you want to get a copy.
andrew00 wrote:* Project-level security: Will I be able to keep one set of clients from viewing another set of clients bugs/feature-requests?
Yes, this feature will be available
* Reporting: I currently use FogBugz, which has pretty much no reporting. What will DragNet have?
What kind of reporting are you wanting?
* Workflow: I need to have strict workflow rules - i.e., the person who submits the bug is prompted to close it out once its resolved. How good is the workflow?
We don't really have much in terms of requiring a particular workflow.
* IE integration - how will it integrate with VS.NET 2003? VS.NET 2005?
There isn't separate access to Dragnet within VS.Net yet, but you will be able to mark a bug closed from the checkin dialog.