Summary->Assignee throwing error

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Steve McLeod

Summary->Assignee throwing error

Post by Steve McLeod » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:45 am

1. I entered 7 new bug reports for my project
2. I clicked on "Summaries" to view "At a glance" screen
3. I clicked on "Assignee" and received the following error page:

URL: http://localhost/dragnet/Error.aspx

Error

Ticks must be between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks. Parameter name: ticks

4. The same error message is received for all the types of summaries except "At-A-Glance"

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:51 am

What version of the .NET framework are you using?

What version of SQL server are you using?
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

Steve McLeod

Post by Steve McLeod » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:47 am

SQL Server version: MSDE 8.00.761

.NET Framework version: 1.1.4322

Thanks

Steve

Steve McLeod

Post by Steve McLeod » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:50 am

I just re-read the error message, realised it was date/time related and realised I might have some more important information regarding this problem.

I am in Germany, using an English language Win XP Professional, but with the default locale set to "German (Germany)", which means that dates normally default to "dd.mm.yyyy" format. For example, today is "12.11.2004".

Thanks

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:57 am

The date format on your machine *shouldn't* matter. We have installed Dragnet on machines with your date format it seems to work fine.

What type of SQL collation did you choose during the install?
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

Steve McLeod

Post by Steve McLeod » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:41 pm

I am almost certain I used the default SQL collation type. Unfortunately I can't work out how to check this with MSDE, so I can't confirm that. Can you suggest how I could easily confirm the default SQL collation type?

Regards

Steve

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:35 pm

You can run the sql command sp_helpsort and that will tell you the collation MSDE is using. If you didn't choose a different collation in the installer (you would probably remember if you did), then you installed Dragnet with "Latin1-General, case-insensitive, accent-sensitive, kanatype-insensitive, width-insensitive for Unicode Data, SQL Server Sort Order 52 on Code Page 1252 for non-Unicode Data"

The collation probably doesn't make much difference with dates, I am just trying to get my setup as close to yours as possible to see if I can reproduce the problem.

Would you be willing to make a sql backup of your dragnet database and send it to me? If so, you can email it to me using the email button at the bottom of the page.

Thanks!
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

Re: Summary->Assignee throwing error

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:24 am

Steve McLeod wrote:1. I entered 7 new bug reports for my project
2. I clicked on "Summaries" to view "At a glance" screen
3. I clicked on "Assignee" and received the following error page:

URL: http://localhost/dragnet/Error.aspx

Error

Ticks must be between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks. Parameter name: ticks

4. The same error message is received for all the types of summaries except "At-A-Glance