Dragnet security

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

JerryShea

Dragnet security

Post by JerryShea » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:45 pm

Hi,

I am evaluating Dragnet beta 2. Firstly, it looks good and seems to have a pretty good feature set. But (there's always a but) I can't work out how to support a particular use case - this use case is essential for us and I imagine would be for others.

I need to support external customers being able to raise a bug on a particular project, but not have any rights to amend bugs i.e. I want to support our customer's logging of bugs but I don't want them doing anything nasty like reassinging bugs to different developers, removing comments or changing priorities. I would be happy with anonymous raising of bugs a la FogBugz.

What do you think?

Cheers

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:16 am

Currently Dragnet allows you to give users Read access, which allows users to view and query issues, Modify access, which allows users to Add/Modify issues and Admin access.

I will add your request to allow users to add but not modify items as a feature request. Unfortunatly, it is probably too late to get this into the 1.0 release.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

zsolga

All or nothing project item visibility is questionable

Post by zsolga » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:18 am

Hi,

I am evaluating the Dragnet 1.0 beta 2 and it is promissing. However, the Group definition allows project item visibility based on "all or nothing". If a group member has read access it has access to all items.

My suggestion is to extend the group rights management to enable category read/modify assignments. In that way I would create "application reviewer" group and its members will not bother with development/source code related bugs.

Regrads, Z.