Feature Request DragNet

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Jos Clijmans

Feature Request DragNet

Post by Jos Clijmans » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:12 am

At this moment it is difficult to work with status other than "open" or "Complete"

For instance we would like a status of "Buzy". I've created a new status and from Dragnet, I can set the status of an item to buzy.

When a developer works with dragnet, he wants to see all items assigned to him for which some work has to be done.
"Work-needed" items in this sense means all items not Completed, Rejected, Discarded or Duplicate.

It would be nice to have easy acces to these items like "open" items.
It would be good to have a configuration page to specify all the status that are "work-needed". This way you can created a new status that is functional.

From Vault, I can only browse to open items during the checkin dialog.
It would be nice that you could browse all "work-needed" items.

When we check in some changes for a fix we usually specify as checkin-comment "Fix for bug "item-no" -- "item-description" "
Is it possible to have this generated automatically as checkin comment?

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:15 am

It would be nice to have easy acces to these items like "open" items.
It would be good to have a configuration page to specify all the status that are "work-needed". This way you can created a new status that is functional.
I will add this as a feature request.
When we check in some changes for a fix we usually specify as checkin-comment "Fix for bug "item-no" -- "item-description" "
Is it possible to have this generated automatically as checkin comment?
If I am understanding you correctly, Vault/Dragnet currently does do this. From the Vault Checkin dialog, choose the Browse button to display the Dragnet Open items. Check the Dragnet items you want updated click OK. An atomatic checkin comment is added as a transaction comment in the checkin dialog that contains the Dragnet item number and description. Is this not working for you?
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

Jos Clijmans

Bug in IDE integration

Post by Jos Clijmans » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:12 am

I've checked it.
In Vault client the automatic insert of the checkin comment happens,
but not from VS2003 IDE.

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:07 am

We don't have as much control/access over user comments in the IDE as the Vault GUI client. So currenlty the IDE clients do not do the Dragnet auto-comment.

We have added this as a feature request.

Thanks for the input.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear