Extended user privileges missing

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

roman

Extended user privileges missing

Post by roman » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:19 pm

A feature that is missing in Dragnet v1.0: user privileges like I find in bug-fix (see picture attached). Any plans to add this feature? Hopefully soon?
Attachments
bug-track.GIF
Bug-track user privileges dialog
bug-track.GIF (7.9 KiB) Viewed 5957 times

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:38 am

At this time, Dragnet security is not as fine-grained as the example you provided. Dragnet rights are assigned by project: Read, Modify and Administer, rather than by specific task.

We've had other requests like this; I'll add your "vote." The difficult part of implementing this feature is deciding how it will work and what information or tasks should have access control.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

roman

Post by roman » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:55 am

I think all the stages of the bug life: report, open, verify, resolve, close, reopen, assign, etc. should be included as privileges. In this case an administrator will be able to assign rights to different people or departments. For example, in our case we would like tech support to be able to report and reopen the bug, software lead to assign it, and developers do everything (because they may find a bug in their area, so they shold be able to go through the life cycle of a bug without involving anyone).

In general though I think, all items in 'Status' should be privileges