Using External Users

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:47 pm

We can't seem to reproduce the problem in house. What browser are you using (we tested this with both IE and FireFox and it seems to work fine)? Do you have javascript enabled for your web browser?

Also, what version of the .net framework is installed on the Dragnet server machine?

Also, make sure this still appears in web.config

<location path="External">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow users="*"/>
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

jkp*74

Post by jkp*74 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:03 am

I have 2 projects which allow external submission. How do i direct those submission to a specific project. Because there is no project selection in the interface.
When i click the Submit button, i receive this error message:-

Server Error in '/Dragnet' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /dragnet/external/Error.aspx
Joel
Micro Modular System
http://www.mmsis.com

akselsoft

DotNet Framework version

Post by akselsoft » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:01 am

According to the DotNet Framework config, it says I'm running
version 1.1.4322.573.

Is there another way to check? I used to have 2.x installed but removed it because of the incompatibilities.

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:54 am

It looks like add external item is throwing an error when it tries to add the item to the database and the error page that displays the error message can't be found.

Email me directly using the email button at the bottom of this message and I will send you a special build with the error page fixed so we can find out what is going on.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:51 pm

I have 2 projects which allow external submission. How do i direct those submission to a specific project. Because there is no project selection in the interface.
The project ID is in the URL for the add item external page for the project. If you have allow external sumbissions turned on, go to that project and click the "Add External Item" menu link in the side. When that page comes up, that is the URL you will use to add external items to that particular project.
Server Error in '/Dragnet' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.
You are getting an error and the app can't find the error page. If you continue to have difficulties, send me an email and I will give you a build with the error page fixed.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

jkp*74

Post by jkp*74 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:45 pm

Hi,

It work fine now. I did not add the following entry in the web.config file:

<location path="Error.aspx">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow users="*"/>
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>[/quote]
Joel
Micro Modular System
http://www.mmsis.com

aksel

Post by aksel » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:09 am

Had to reinstall (experience available at http://akselsoft.blogspot.com/2004/12/r ... ndows.html)

But seems to good now.

NOw I'll be posting ERs! :)