Add bug default - request

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

nalenb

Add bug default - request

Post by nalenb » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:23 am

I'd like to request being able to set defaults for some of the entries. I'd like to be able to default the platform to Windows since I only develop for that. I'd like to default the assignee to me since I'm the only developer. Things like that.

I could see this being an option in the database section where it lists the options. Perhaps a check box indicating the default one?

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:26 am

Thanks for the suggestion :)

I have added your request to our feature request database.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

rwmnau

I'll second the default developer

Post by rwmnau » Mon May 23, 2005 2:33 pm

I'd like to second the request for a Default Developer option - since I'm the only developer, I'd like new bugs automatically assigned to me so that I can easily check-in against them in Vault. Thanks!

Post by Guest » Tue May 24, 2005 7:21 am

This feature already exists in Dragnet.

Select a project and then Project Admin->Categories. If you create or modify a category, you'll see fields for Name (of project) and Developer. The developer name you enter here becomes the default developer for that category.

Note that it doesn't automatically fill in as you're typing bug info, but after the bug is submitted the default developer name will be added.

nalenb

Post by nalenb » Tue May 24, 2005 8:45 am

Doesn't it mean that I have to pick a category when I'm filling out the bugs? I want to set defaults for every field in the bug report so I have to change only a minimum amount of items.