Dragnet Usage Questions

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ZackJones

Dragnet Usage Questions

Post by ZackJones » Wed May 11, 2005 12:37 pm

Greetings,

I have a couple of questions regarding Dragnet.

1 - When an item is assigned to someone, should that person get an email saying that an item has been assigned to him? If this is already built in it doesn't work for me :(. Is there some user-level setting I'm missing?

2 - Is there a status you should select when action is totally complete for an item such as completed? What I'm looking for is a way to remove items from the Recent Items List. Basically our process goes Open -> Fixed -> Verified (as fixed) -> Completed. Once it is completed it can be removed from the list.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed May 11, 2005 12:54 pm

Is there some user-level setting I'm missing?
Check Preferences->Email for the specific project and verify you are subscribed to receive emails.
I'm looking for is a way to remove items from the Recent Items List.
Items are on this list by virtue of the fact they are "recent" rather than by any particular status, and there's currently no way to change this. I can add a feature request for an option to determine what is listed in "recent" items.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

ZackJones

Post by ZackJones » Thu May 12, 2005 6:18 am

lbauer wrote:
Is there some user-level setting I'm missing?
Check Preferences->Email for the specific project and verify you are subscribed to receive emails.
So this setting is an individual thing? I as the administrator can't set a single option to send out notifications on a project level basis? I thought setting a Global Option would enable this for all users working on the project.
lbauer wrote: Items are on this list by virtue of the fact they are "recent" rather than by any particular status, and there's currently no way to change this. I can add a feature request for an option to determine what is listed in "recent" items.
I would appreciate it if you would add a feature request for this option. Thanks!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu May 12, 2005 11:22 am

No, the Global option is for users to quickly subscribe to all projects.

I can add a feature request to allow the Admin to set user email options.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager