no email notification

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Guy Bournival

no email notification

Post by Guy Bournival » Fri May 13, 2005 8:02 am

Hi,

I don't receive email notification from Dragnet. :( I'm able to send/receive email with Vault. But from Dragnet, nothing append. I set Trace level to Debug and I saw nothing interesting into the log file. Of course, email notification is turn on for the project and users have email address.

Actually, I don't know where to continue to look to find the problem. :?:

Thanks
Guy

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri May 13, 2005 8:57 am

Did you configure email in Dragnet as well as in Vault?

Log in to Dragnet as Admin and verify the information in Setup->Email is correct.

Next, did users subscribe to email notification? Dragnet doesn't send email automatically to users, only if they request it.

To find this setting, access a project in Dragnet and select Preferences->Email.

If this is all correct, we need to look further. Does your SMTP server require authentication? Are you using the same settings for the mail server in Dragnet as you are using in Vault (Admin Tool->Server Options->Email settings)?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Guy Bournival

no email notification

Post by Guy Bournival » Fri May 13, 2005 9:29 am

:oops: :evil: :D

"To find this setting, access a project in Dragnet and select Preferences-Email."

Oups, thanks to put me on the good track!

It's was not obvious to find those setting behing "customize". For me, the customize button was only for the fields choice/order in my mind.

Merci
Guy