A Few Feature Requests

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ZackJones

A Few Feature Requests

Post by ZackJones » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:40 am

I'm not sure if these have been asked for yet or not but here's a few things that I'd like to see in Dragnet:

1 - The ability to delete attachments. Sometimes the documentation we attach to an item is updated and it would be nice to be able to delete the existing attachment or to overwrite it if an attachment with the same name already exists.

2 - Vacation toggle. Provide the ability to toggle off emails generated through Dragnet. This would be a global option for each user. When enabled no emails are sent until the option is turned back off.

3 - Project specific numbering. Allow us to specify the format used for items being tracked by project. For example on one project we use numbers such as 2005-0001 where 2005 is the current year and 0001 would be the item number in Dragnet. On a different project we track them with C17DMATS-WDE-05-0001 where 05 is the last two digits of the year and 0001 is the number from Dragnet.

4 - Consecutive numbering within projects. As developers we don't care if there's gaps in numbers for items in a given project but management types get a little freaked out when there are gaps.

5 - On ShowItem.aspx - it looks like someone forgot to apply a style to "File Name" and "Description" labels

6 - On ShowItem.aspx the comment are for each comment is excessively large, especially if there's no attachments. I think it has something to do with the fact that a blank paragraph tag is being inserted where the attachments woudl be listed if there were any. If the paragraph tag could be replaced with just a line break it would take up less room.

Thanks for considering my suggestions. The Vault/Dragnet combo is working extremely well for us. We have developers in Georgia, Florida, Colorado, and California using both programs.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:37 am

1 - The ability to delete attachments. Sometimes the documentation we attach to an item is updated and it would be nice to be able to delete the existing attachment or to overwrite it if an attachment with the same name already exists.
We have had similar requests -- I'll add your "vote."
2 - Vacation toggle. Provide the ability to toggle off emails generated through Dragnet. This would be a global option for each user. When enabled no emails are sent until the option is turned back off.
Is this a setting for the Dragnet Admin to use, or a user?

Thanks for your other suggestions, we'll log them to our features database for consideration in a future release.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

ZackJones

Post by ZackJones » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:18 am

lbauer wrote: Is this a setting for the Dragnet Admin to use, or a user?

User.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:30 am

OK, but this needs some clarification. In what way would this be easier than the user just going into their email preferences and unsubscribing to emails?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

ZackJones

Post by ZackJones » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:34 am

lbauer wrote:OK, but this needs some clarification. In what way would this be easier than the user just going into their email preferences and unsubscribing to emails?
This would be a global setting. It would not require the user to go into the preferences for each individual project and turn off email notifications.

ELaing

My vote for project-specific numbering...

Post by ELaing » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:27 pm

I'd like to add my vote to item #3, project-specific numbering. I was recently given Dragnet to use for a project I'm tracking, and was disconcerted to find that the first report I entered was given #674! The option of project-specific numbering would make the reporting part of my job MUCH easier.

thanks;

Neil Weicher

Post by Neil Weicher » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:26 am

Hear hear for deleting attachments!

micke_314

Post by micke_314 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:37 am

Please add my vote to feature request
The ability to delete attachments
Micke

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:45 am

I've added your votes. Thanks for your feedback.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

AjarnMark

Re: A Few Feature Requests

Post by AjarnMark » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:46 pm

Please add my vote for the ability to delete attachments, with with the additional feature of this being restricted to members of Global:Admin. I don't necessarily want anyone in the system to be able to delete attachments, because they may be very valuable information, but it would be a handy feature.

As a work-around I have instructed my group to only attach to comments and not to the base item itself. That way the whole comment can be deleted and recreated. Not as clean, but it works.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:44 am

We have feature request 12743 logged for this functionality; I'll add your vote.

Thanks for the workaround suggestion for deleting attachments when they are associated with comments.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:26 am

lbauer wrote:We have feature request 12743 logged for this functionality; I'll add your vote.

Thanks for the workaround suggestion for deleting attachments when they are associated with comments.
OK
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear