GetItemListsByMilestone - null reference

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

roger.wilson

GetItemListsByMilestone - null reference

Post by roger.wilson » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:23 am

When I try to veiw the second tab (Completed) on My Open items I get the following null reference error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
Mantis.SortByMilestoneControl.GetItemListsByMilestone() +654
Mantis.SortByMilestoneControl.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +297
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

Steps to recreate:
1. Log in to dragnet
2. Select project
3. Select My Open view
4. Click on Completed tab
5. Get error message.

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:19 am

Do you have any items with a status of "completed" that are in inactive milestones?

If so, either mark those items "verified" or change the milestone to an active one.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

roger.wilson

Post by roger.wilson » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:23 am

What should the workflow be for the status field? I would have assumed that Completed means done (as in fixed, tested, and ready for release) and verified was for a bug that had been verified to be a bug....

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:39 am

You just need to change the status to something other than "completed" (you don't need to change the status to verified, just something other than completed).

Verified to us means that items have passed through testing, and the tester is confident that the item has been addressed and nothing else has been broken in the process.

The following thread contains some information about the suggested workflow for Dragnet items:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=4371

If you do not like the use of the word "verified" for this status, all status value display names can be changed from the database options page. You can also add more stutus values. However, if you change the display name of the open or completed you should change it to something with a similar meaning since these values are used by the system (ie. don't change the "open" status name to "disregard":) ).
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear