Creating new bug statuses

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

popezilla

Creating new bug statuses

Post by popezilla » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:46 am

Is it possible to create my own status codes for a bug? For example, I'd like to create a status of 'Sent to Tester' or 'Sent to Graphics'

And is it possible to filter by these statuses?

dan

Post by dan » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:59 am

Yes, you can either modify the names of existing statii, or add new ones. Go to Server Home, and then click on the "Database" button on the right hand side, and you'll get a list of database fields that can be modified.

You'll be able to query on new fields or renamed existing ones. Note that there are two special status fields - "open" and "completed" that cannot be removed (but can be renamed). These statuses are handled specially because the summaries page lists Open bugs for developers and Completed bugs for QA folks to verify. For instance, "Completed" could easily be called "To Be Verified" or whatever you want to call it in your process.

Hope this helps

popezilla

Will future upgrades of dragnet overwrite my new statuses?

Post by popezilla » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:13 am

It seems like the status changes are done at the database level on a lookup table. If I add more statuses, will a future upgrade of Dragnet overwrite this table and force me to re-add the statuses?

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:56 am

You're safe. You will not lose any user defined statuses.

Dragnet is designed to allow the user to create any of their own statuses without interference from the internal system statuses.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear