Deskzilla

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

djmaxM

Deskzilla

Post by djmaxM » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:18 pm

http://deskzilla.com

Sure looks like a great bug tracking client, over a "not so bad" bug tracking server in bugzilla. What say y'all, are these types of features on the roadmap, or is this just not where you're going? Bugzilla's reporting features are also a big plus over Dragnet at the moment.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:41 am

are these types of features on the roadmap
SourceGear is pretty responsive to customer needs as we develop our products.

What specific features would you like to see added to Dragnet?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

djMaxM

Post by djMaxM » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:59 am

No question you guys are responsive. Dragnet is also very early in its development, so this is a tough comparison against Bugzilla that has been around for years. However, let's face it, Dragnet is not a full service bug tracking solution. There's no graphing, trend analysis, customization API, true custom field solution, workflow, blah blah blah. It's also really cheap, so perhaps full service is just the wrong expectation. Anyhow, when I look at Deskzilla I see an application that a large project with 100s of issues can really use. A desktop app with desktop-app responsiveness, easier/better integration into a typical developers workday, etc. And, it sits on Bugzilla which has just a ton of customizability, and is free in some respects. So if I'm a SourceGear product manager I'm looking at this sort of combo and saying "would it be better for us to co-opt Bugzilla and integrate it with Vault and polish it up and such?" Because the features I'm asking for are just miles from where Dragnet is now, and it's not clear to me whether I should sit back and wait for the parts I need (graphing/trending big on that list) or think about switching. (I'll never leave Vault, so don't worry, I'm safe. :) )

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:35 am

Thanks for your input. I'll add a link to this post to our features database.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager