Can't delete then re-add field values

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ristincr

Can't delete then re-add field values

Post by ristincr » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:19 pm

If I delete, for example, a status field value then later want to add the status value back in, I get an error message stating I am trying to add a duplicate value. It seems that the status is being marked as inactive but the validation routine is checking to see if there are duplicate fields names instead of checking if there are ACTIVCE duplicate fiield names. Once a field value has been deleted, you can therefore never re-add that value to the list. I belive this will be the cause for all of the configurable lists in Dragnet but haven't checked to confirm.

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:54 pm

All of the fields that get "shipped" with Dragnet aren't really deleted when you delete them. When you delete them their status is marked "inactive". We should allow some way to re-add or re-activate these deleted items. I will log a bug.

(note that when you delete a field you added yourself it is really "deleted" so you can add those back)

If you would like, email me directly using the button at the bottom of the page and let me know the feilds you want to re-activate and I will give you the SQL code to do that.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear