My Open and My Unresolved labels not dynamic

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ristincr

My Open and My Unresolved labels not dynamic

Post by ristincr » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:55 pm

The 'My Open' and 'My Unresolved' labels should match the name of the status field. This is to say, if I rename the statuses 'Open' to 'New' and 'Completed' to 'Test', then these tab labels should follow suit and change to 'My New' and 'My Test'

You should also document that it will display as 'My Open' if you are the assignee for an 'open' status issue and will display as 'My Unresolved' if you are the resolver of a 'completed' status issue. I had to figure this out by trial and error. What you really need in your manual is a workflow diagram illustrating how a Dragnet issue moves through it's life cycle. I have created one for my team. If you are interested email me and I will send. I had to figure out the best way to deal with issue states in Dragnet for the team like putting a bug on 'Hold'.

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:21 pm

The 'My Open' and 'My Unresolved' labels should match the name of the status field. This is to say, if I rename the statuses 'Open' to 'New' and 'Completed' to 'Test', then these tab labels should follow suit and change to 'My New' and 'My Test'
OK, I will log that.
You should also document that it will display as 'My Open' if you are the assignee for an 'open' status issue and will display as 'My Unresolved' if you are the resolver of a 'completed' status issue.
This is documented in the item tracking -> my open items section of the help file, but maybe we need some better documentation of this somewhere.
What you really need in your manual is a workflow diagram illustrating how a Dragnet issue moves through it's life cycle. I have created one for my team. If you are interested email me and I will send. I had to figure out the best way to deal with issue states in Dragnet for the team like putting a bug on 'Hold'.
We also have "more workflow" features on our list of things to improve in Dragnet.

This thread contains some basic information on how an issue moves through Dragnet, but you are correct, we do need better documentation of this.

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=4371
If you are interested email me and I will send.
Please do send me your diagram. That would be great.
You can use the email link at the bottom of this message to email me directly.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear