Additional QA Feature Requests

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

dfox

Additional QA Feature Requests

Post by dfox » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:31 pm

It would be nice to have additional reporting capabilities. The summaries are nice, but assume you are after one piece of information and that you want it grouped by Milestone.

As an example, your summary page assumes you want to look at all open items. I happened to be interested in all items that were closed, grouped by category and not milestone. I also wanted all open items grouped by category then by type (bug vs. feature) and again not grouped by milestone. (I.e. just all open items.) Maybe this could be done by querying and then indicating how you want the data grouped?

My objective was to extract information for a presentation. I extracted counts and put the data in excel and then greated some simple pie charts and bar graphs to show where the percentage of problems were occurring. Ok, that is another feature request. :) It would be nice to create some simple graphs.

Thanks.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:51 am

I happened to be interested in all items that were closed, grouped by category and not milestone.

I also wanted all open items grouped by category then by type (bug vs. feature) and again not grouped by milestone. (I.e. just all open items.) Maybe this could be done by querying and then indicating how you want the data grouped?
We have feature requests logged for improved query and reporting capabilities; I'll add your "vote."

In the meantime, you can create queries for the information you need.
TO customize the query results to show only the fields you want, use the "customize" button on the Query page. After you run the query, click the column header to sort by that field.

You can then click the Printable button to save the results as text file, which can be opened into Excel, where you can do further manipulation of the data.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager