Query window partly off-screen and not using page space

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Perry

Query window partly off-screen and not using page space

Post by Perry » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:54 pm

I cannot remember if I've reported this before.

When I push the Query button, and go to the main query window, the display is kinda bad -- the Submit button is offscreen, beneath a horizontal scrollbar which is not at the bottom of the window -- a bunch of space at the bottom of the window is entirely wasted, as it is blank, and has a scrollbar above it.

That is, it doesn't really look like regular HTML -- in normal HTML you have the bottom scrollbar at the bottom and the side scrollbar on the side, but here on the query window, you have both of them in a kind of scrunched up little box, so you cannot see some of the screen, without scrolling around in the scrunched up little box.

Maybe this is an old bug and our server is out of date -- version info:

SourceGear Dragnet
Version 1.0.5.1245

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:14 pm

We haven't had any other reports of this behavior.

What browser are you using? Can you send a screenshot of the problem?
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

ZackJones

Post by ZackJones » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:19 am

It's probably a resolution issue. When using 800 * 600 you can't see the buttons. When I up the resolution to 1024 * 768 the very bottom of the panel area cuts through the center of the Submit and Cancel buttons.

I'm using Internet Destroyer 6.0.3790.1830 on Windows 2003 server machine. Screenshot attached.
Attachments
Browser.png
Browser.png (2.27 KiB) Viewed 11894 times

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:22 pm

In IE, we do a calculation to determine the Dragnet "inner window" size (which is set to a few pixels less than the entire window size). So depending on your resolution the buttons may or may not be on the screen but the "dragnet area" should take up almost the whole screen in IE.

FireFox doesn't honor this calculation so the "inner window" size is hard coded. So, depending on how your resolution is set it may not take up the entire screen.

If you want the Dragnet display area bigger in FireFox or IE you can edit the style sheet (dragnet.css in your dragnet folder) and set the value to whatever you want it to be (or just remove the height settings altogether and use it will just scroll off the screen). Search for "#body" in the dragnet.css file (look for #body not just body) and change the height element.

Code: Select all

#body 
{ 
        height: 470;    
        height: expression(document.body.clientHeight - 120 ); 
}
Note that firefox honors the height:470 setting and IE honors the expression.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

Perry

Post by Perry » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:58 pm

(Got the "You must select a topic to reply to" forum bug again)

I'd like to try mskrobul's fix, but first I need to find my "dragnet" folder.

I tried
%USERPROFILE%\Datas de programa
and
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings

but neither has a dragnet folder.

I assume that I'm supposed to be looking for something in %USERPROFILE% -- that is, this isn't something that the administrator has to fix, is it?

Perry

Post by Perry » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:01 pm

PS: It would be nice to have a user option that can be adjusted from the web client (eg, "Disable little tiny query box" that I could go check), instead of digging around inside %USERPROFILE% -- although I've run an XP search in %USERPROFILE% and had no hits for dragnet. Although XP search is admittedly broken, I think it would have found a folder with that name.

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:42 pm

The Dragnet folder I am referring to in on the Dragnet Server machine. That is where the dragnet.css file is located (usually c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dragnet).

All of Dragnet's folders and files will be on the server machine since it is an ASPNET web appication.

Sorry if that was unclear.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear