Feature Request - Add 3rd tab state to Open Items

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

AndreaD

Feature Request - Add 3rd tab state to Open Items

Post by AndreaD » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:51 pm

Seeing as there are now three states that an issue can be in - Open, Completed, Verified (tested) it would be nice if a third tab were added to the Open Items view to allow the user to switch between the three states without the need to run a query every time.

Thank you.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:02 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll add it as a feature request.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

AndreaD

Post by AndreaD » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:40 am

Thanks.

Perry

How do you find the Completed but not Verified items

Post by Perry » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:21 pm

I don't use the distinction between Completed and Verified, because I don't understand how to use that.

If I mark an item as Completed, rather than Verified, it still drops out of My Open list, so I really don't see it thereafter.

I kind of work from the My Open list, because it is prominent, and I assumed that was the expected use model.

Is the use model that I'm supposed to go run custom queries to find the Completed but not Verified items?

AndreaD

That's how we do it

Post by AndreaD » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:11 pm

On our team we have 5 developers, 2 QA people, and one project manager. So even though a developer marks something as completed, the QA people still have to test it to see if the change actually fixes the bug.

So yes, right now, we are running queries to view all items marked as completed, but not yet verified. Once the ticket is marked as resolved (verified) then and only then does it drop off our radar.

Alternately, you can go to the Server home and there are links in each project to unverified issues, but that can get kind of hairy if you are tracking a number of projects as we are.

I am really looking forward to getting that third tab :-) It will make life a lot easier for me, anyway.

jkp*74

Post by jkp*74 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:15 am

Yes. I support the addition of the 3rd tab. Even better if the "unresolved" label at the Summaries tab can be named different. I know there have been discussion on this at other topics. It just gives an uneasy feeling to the developers.
Joel
Micro Modular System
http://www.mmsis.com

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:07 am

I've added your "votes" to the feature request.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager