Upgrade of SQL failed - Now Dragnet is broken

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

blambert

Upgrade of SQL failed - Now Dragnet is broken

Post by blambert » Sun May 21, 2006 2:11 am

Hello,

I just tried upgrading our Dragnet from: Version 1.0.2.1197

To the latest dragnet that I just downloaded: 1.0.6.

The installation went fine until it tried to upgrade the database.

Now when I try to go to the dragnet web page I get this error:
Error
Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Can anybody help me get Dragnet running with the new build? The problem appears to be in the database not being upgraded properly.

I will paste the dragnet_install.log from the install.

Any help is really appreciated! I need to get our bug database running again.

Brian

Here is the dragnet_install.log:

Dragnet log started at 21 May 2006 - 00.36.22

Custom action assembly location: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Dragnet\bin\InstallerCustomActions.exe
Custom Action version: 1.0.2329

FileVersionInfo: File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Dragnet\bin\InstallerCustomActions.exe
InternalName: InstallerCustomActions.exe
OriginalFilename: InstallerCustomActions.exe
FileVersion: 1.0.2329.32160
FileDescription:
Product:
ProductVersion: 1.0.2329.32160
Debug: False
Patched: False
PreRelease: False
PrivateBuild: False
SpecialBuild: False
Language Language Neutral

The commandline args as passed in to us:

/TARGETDIR=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Dragnet\
/CUSTOMNAME=
/CUSTOMPW =
/UPGRADE={01BEC910-2521-487A-98AE-A8F150C9193F};{01BEC910-2521-487A-98AE-A8F150C9193F};{01BEC910-2521-487A-98AE-A8F150C9193F};{01BEC910-2521-487A-98AE-A8F150C9193F}
/IISPROCESS=0
/IISVERSION=600
/IISLOGIN=NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
End commandline args.

Found local name of NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE for Network Service account.
See if we need to do an upgrade or an install...Upgrading your Dragnet configuration.
Checking for IIS Version... Registry return major version 6 of IIS.
OK
IIS Process Model user: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
GetIISProcessUser completed successfully.
Using NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE for IIS process user
Entered GetInstallationSettings().
Subkey is open
Database on '(local)' using Windows Authentication.
Virtual Directories are at IIS://LocalHost/W3SVC/1/Root
Exit GetInstallationSettings() success
Connecting to the SQL Server...ConnectToDatabase() completed successfully.
OK
Verifying the SQL Server requirements... User is trying to install Vault to Microsoft SQL version 8.00.760
OK
Trying to get the hashed pw from the db.
Successfully got existing pw.
Requesting Dragnet Admin user password... Hashing the admin pw
OK
Sorry, your password is not valid - try #1
Requesting Dragnet Admin user password... Hashing the admin pw
OK
Passwords matched!
Upgrading the existing Dragnet database...
This may take a long time. Do NOT stop this process!
UpgradeExistingDB (revoke) failed for sgdragnetuser:
User or role 'sgdragnetuser' does not exist in this database.. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at InstallerCustomActions.FormSetup.ExecuteSqlCommand(String cmd)
at InstallerCustomActions.FormSetup.UpgradeExistingDB(Boolean bOverwriteUserInfo)
Executing commands in dragent_upgrade.sql
Read dragent_upgrade.sql from our resources.
Upgrading SourceGear Dragnet database schema...UpgradeDatabase Error: ALTER TABLE statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint 'fk_items_itemtypes'. The conflict occurred in database 'sgdragnet', table 'itemtypes', column 'itemtypeid'.
Caution: Changing any part of an object name could break scripts and stored procedures.
The object was renamed to 'splistgroup'.
ALTER TABLE statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint 'fk_items_itemtypes'. The conflict occurred in database 'sgdragnet', table 'itemtypes', column 'itemtypeid'.
Caution: Changing any part of an object name could break scripts and stored procedures.
The object was renamed to 'splistgroup'.
Dragnet Upgrade Setup is exiting due to a failure or cancellation. Error Code = 402
Please press OK to finish installation.ExitCode on exit: 0

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon May 22, 2006 7:34 am

When did you download the Dragnet installer? There was a problem with the installer when it was initially released last Thursday; it was corrected and new installers were uploaded to our website on Friday.

You might try uninstalling, downloading the new installer, then reinstalling.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Mon May 22, 2006 8:59 am

It looks like you have some items that have been assigned invalid item types or some item types that were associated with items have been removed. This shouldn't happen in versions >= 1.0.3 with normal use (unless you manually alter the database or something). It looks like the database upgrade is bombing on the 1.0.2 - 1.0.3 part .

Uninstall Dragnet 1.0.6. If you have created a backup of your Dragnet database, I would suggest first restoring the backup so we are starting with a database in a known state. If you don't have a backup, that is OK, just proceed with the next step.

After that run the following SQL script and see if you get any results. If you get results, post them here or email them to me (you can the email button at the bottom of the message) and we will proceed from there.
use sgdragnet
go
select * from items i where not exists (select * from itemtypes it where it.itemtypeid = i.itemtypeid)
Last edited by mskrobul on Mon May 22, 2006 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

blambert

I downloaded the latest installer

Post by blambert » Mon May 22, 2006 11:14 am

I downloaded the installer right before I tried installing it - Saturday before midnight. I ran the installer 36 minutes and 22 seconds after midnight Sunday morning.

I have tried upgrading in the past with older versions of dragnet, but it has always broken on the database upgrade. This time (1.0.6) left me in a broken state so I had to post a message for help. I've been stuck on 1.0.2 for a long time now.

blambert

Query results

Post by blambert » Mon May 22, 2006 11:35 am

I just sent you the query results. I will also post the results here so others can benefit for your help.

Query results:
projectid itemtypeid creatoruid created itemid msgid statusid priorityid timeestimatedid platformid assigneeuid categoryid milestoneid version custom1 custom2 lastmodified lastmodifieduid lastcommented lastcommenteduid
101 108 2 2005-01-17 22:37:04.950 2045 -2147481605 2 1 1 2 NULL 1 NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL
101 107 2 2005-01-17 22:37:13.170 2139 -2147481511 2 1 1 2 NULL 2 NULL 095 NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Mon May 22, 2006 12:00 pm

Those two rows are the reason you haven't been able to upgrade (those items have an invalid item type id).

I will email you a SQL statement that should to fix your problem soon.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear