Localization

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ido

Localization

Post by ido » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:35 am

Is it possible to translate the user interface to another language (Hebrew for example)?

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:00 am

The language that Dragnet pages are displayed in is determined by the user's web browser (if your browser's language option is set to Hebrew it should display in Hebrew).

Also, you can specify a culture in the globalization element in Dragnet's web.config file located in the Dragnet folder on the Dragnet server (for culture-dependent functions, such as the date, number, and currency formatting etc).

See the following KB article for more information:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/bz9tc508.aspx
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

ido

things I've tried...

Post by ido » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:54 am

I've tried changing the language settings on IE but dragnet is still in english. i've even followed the KB and added uiculture="he" and culture="he-IL" to web.config, but uiculture raised a configuration error and culture had no effect. what's wrong ?

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:50 am

I may have misunderstood what you are asking for.

There are some parts of Dragnet that may (currently) always display in English (such as the menu buttons etc). I can log a feature request for more localization options for these things.

The culture-dependent functions, such as the date display, number, and currency formatting etc, are determined by the culture value(s) of the globalization element in web.config.

The content (item descriptions, details, comments, all database values such as status, priority etc.) will be probably displayed in whatever language they were entered in. So if values status values are entered in Hebrew, the Hebrew names will appear in the drop down lists etc.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

ido

feature request

Post by ido » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:43 am

now we're talking about the same thing...
the data it self is on the language entered (i think i had a conversation about it on an earlier version). but I'm talking about the menus etc.
talking about look and feal, is it possible to stick my company logo and name somewhere in the screen ?

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:07 am

talking about look and feal, is it possible to stick my company logo and name somewhere in the screen ?
If you are familiar with style sheets, you can probably edit the Dragnet style sheet (dragnet.css) to include your company logo somewhere.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear