Buttons stopped working when Dragnet is proxied

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ptolemy428

Buttons stopped working when Dragnet is proxied

Post by ptolemy428 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:37 pm

Hi guys,

The Dragnet is installed on a windows server 2003 and IIS6. It works fine if I access it through http://localhost/dragnet. However if I try to access it through an apache proxy, all the buttons stopped working. The buttons called a javascript function for example:

javascript: __doPostBack('ButtonAddProject','')

I click on the button and nothing happens. The strange thing is this only stopped working when I proxy the dragnet from a different computer while If I install the proxy server on the same windows server as where Dragnet is, then proxy works fine. Besides, if I tried to access dragnet locally through ssl

https://localhost/dragnet

The buttons stopped working as well.

Any idea why this happened?

Thanks,

Larry

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:24 am

When you are trying through the proxy, are you trying once without the use of SSL? If not, try without SSL, then I'll know if it's just one or both.

You might also want to check out how it should be configured for a proxy. See this link for info:
http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=4009

ptolemy428

proxy dragnet

Post by ptolemy428 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:39 pm

Thanks for the reply.

When I proxy Dragnet, here is what I did.

It worked when:

1. proxy dragnet through the same computer running Dragnet without the use of SSL.

It did NOT work when:

1. proxy dragnet through a different computer without using SSL.
2. proxy dragnet through the same computer running Dragnet WITH SSL.

I didn't configure it in the vaultAdmin for proxy. I'll give it a try and see if it helps.

Thanks,

Larry

ptolemy428

Post by ptolemy428 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:43 pm

Hey Guys,

I've configured the Dragnet in the vaultAdmin for proxy. But it didn't seem to help. Is there anything else that could cause this problem? Please give me some help. I've been stuck on this for a few days and it's quite urgent.

Many thanks,

Larry

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:47 am

So you are using Dragnet integrated with Vault? If so, and you are using Windows authentication, then you may have run across a bug. See this posting: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... ight=proxy

Just let me know exactly what your set up is if you can.

Thanks

ptolemy428

Post by ptolemy428 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:47 pm

Hi guys,

Honestly, I don't think the problem that we're having has anything to do with Vault integration. We are not using Windows authentication for either Vault or Dragnet. The senario is actually quite simple:

It worked when:

1. proxy dragnet through the same computer running Dragnet without the use of SSL.

It did NOT work when:

1. proxy dragnet through a different computer without using SSL.
2. proxy dragnet through the same computer running Dragnet WITH SSL.

Actually the strange thing is that when it did not work, only when user tried to submit a form using javascript like
javascript: __doPostBack('ButtonAddProject','')
while all the html links are working fine.

It looks like that the page has been successfully submitted, but there is not redirect sent back from the server to browser.

This is very frustrating, please help.

Thanks,

Larry

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:55 am

There are two things involved here, a proxy and SSL. Are you able to try using SSL without the proxy at all?

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:27 pm

I need to back up and ask you a few more questions:

What URL are you using to connect to Dragnet? You will need to use a fully qualified name.

Trying a test on the local host with ssl won't really work. Issues had been seen with that, and since it's all on the same machine, it's not really a valid test.

Does this happen just for you, or for all clients?

It was suggested that javascript might not be registered correctly for that website. What would take care of that would be running aspnet_regiis.exe -c.
At the command prompt, type the following, and then press ENTER:
"%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\version\aspnet_regiis.exe" -c