new feature requests

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:33 pm
I have a couple of feature requests. Some of these may have already been requested in the forums, but I couldn't find them. I'll try to put them in priority order for me:
    Add all fields to batch update. I see no reason, for instance, that I can't do a batch update on the Version field or one of the custom fields.
    Additional "version" fields. For instance, I would like to see a "Found Version" and a "Fixed Version" field. These would help a lot for knowing which bugs to verify in a particular build vs. knowing which bugs were found in a particular build.
    Support Batch Update across multiple projects
    Allow deleting of attached files (as far as I can tell, once a file has been attached, there is no way to remove it)
    Saving queries. Your new "fortress" app looks like it will be doing this, but the idea is I want to save a list of query criteria so I can go back and run the same queries. I realize I could do this against the DB directly with SQL, but it would be nice if the front end supported it.
    Allow me to rename more fields (like I can with custom fields). There are some fields I don't have a strong need for (like Platform), but it would be nice to use that field for some other value
    Allow custom fields to support dropdown lists instead of just unformatted text
    Support some sort of feature hierarchy capability. For example, in most bug tracking software, we want to be able to easily identify the feature/area where the bug was found. Often these features/areas are very detailed and hierarchically designed (for example, having a "Product" dropdown as the high level, then it's value drives a "Feature" dropdown, that in turn drives a "Feature Area" dropdown). The flat "Category" field is way too limited, but the only way I have found to specify this info.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:55 pm
Ok, those items that had requests already, I added your "vote" to them, and the rest I entered feature requests for. Thanks for the feedback.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:25 am
I specially agree with "Allow custom fields to support dropdown lists instead of just unformatted text", the unformatted text is nuisance.

but only this, I hope sourcegear can provide some easy-to-use features on checking and validation data.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:24 am
Can you describe for me more what you mean by checking and validating data? What particular kind of data?

Return to Support (Dragnet)