new feature requests

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

MikeB

new feature requests

Post by MikeB » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:33 pm

I have a couple of feature requests. Some of these may have already been requested in the forums, but I couldn't find them. I'll try to put them in priority order for me:
  • Add all fields to batch update. I see no reason, for instance, that I can't do a batch update on the Version field or one of the custom fields.
  • Additional "version" fields. For instance, I would like to see a "Found Version" and a "Fixed Version" field. These would help a lot for knowing which bugs to verify in a particular build vs. knowing which bugs were found in a particular build.
  • Support Batch Update across multiple projects
  • Allow deleting of attached files (as far as I can tell, once a file has been attached, there is no way to remove it)
  • Saving queries. Your new "fortress" app looks like it will be doing this, but the idea is I want to save a list of query criteria so I can go back and run the same queries. I realize I could do this against the DB directly with SQL, but it would be nice if the front end supported it.
  • Allow me to rename more fields (like I can with custom fields). There are some fields I don't have a strong need for (like Platform), but it would be nice to use that field for some other value
  • Allow custom fields to support dropdown lists instead of just unformatted text
  • Support some sort of feature hierarchy capability. For example, in most bug tracking software, we want to be able to easily identify the feature/area where the bug was found. Often these features/areas are very detailed and hierarchically designed (for example, having a "Product" dropdown as the high level, then it's value drives a "Feature" dropdown, that in turn drives a "Feature Area" dropdown). The flat "Category" field is way too limited, but the only way I have found to specify this info.
Thanks.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:55 pm

Ok, those items that had requests already, I added your "vote" to them, and the rest I entered feature requests for. Thanks for the feedback.

alanro

Post by alanro » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:25 am

I specially agree with "Allow custom fields to support dropdown lists instead of just unformatted text", the unformatted text is nuisance.

but only this, I hope sourcegear can provide some easy-to-use features on checking and validation data.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:24 am

Can you describe for me more what you mean by checking and validating data? What particular kind of data?