Vault/Dragnet Integration

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Mike Lukas

Post by Mike Lukas » Fri May 11, 2007 4:54 pm

Vault 3.5.2, Dragnet 1.0.7

1. Is there any way to specify the item status when updating a Dragnet item from within the Vault GUI Client. If I check "Mark Completed", the status gets set to Closed. If I don't check Mark Completed, the status is not changed. I would like to be able to set the status to Resolved so that QA knows to retest.

2. From the Vault GUI Client if I select a Dragnet item and then click on the Details button, the Status drop down that appears is empty.

3. If I try to update a Dragnet item from the Details dialog (see step 2), I get the message "Error updating Dragnet Item. Verify that you are using Dragnet 1.0.3 or greater and have modify rights to the project". We have Dragnet 1.0.7 and have Modify rights.

4. If I update a Dragnet item from Vault and then view the item in Dragnet, when I click on the Vault filename or version, I get the message "unable to display history items. Error: FailObjPathInvalid"

5. If a Dragnet item has a specific priority and then you delete that priority in Dragnet, whenever you try to Modify the item in Dragnet you get error 500 as soon as you press the Modify button.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon May 14, 2007 7:47 am

1. Is there any way to specify the item status when updating a Dragnet item from within the Vault GUI Client. If I check "Mark Completed", the status gets set to Closed. If I don't check Mark Completed, the status is not changed. I would like to be able to set the status to Resolved so that QA knows to retest.

Currently, the only option is to mark the bug "Completed." However, in Dragnet 1.0.7, the status type for "Completed" is Pending, so it should still show up for QA.
2. From the Vault GUI Client if I select a Dragnet item and then click on the Details button, the Status drop down that appears is empty.

3. If I try to update a Dragnet item from the Details dialog (see step 2), I get the message "Error updating Dragnet Item. Verify that you are using Dragnet 1.0.3 or greater and have modify rights to the project". We have Dragnet 1.0.7 and have Modify rights.
4. If I update a Dragnet item from Vault and then view the item in Dragnet, when I click on the Vault filename or version, I get the message "unable to display history items. Error: FailObjPathInvalid".
I wasn't able to reproduce the behavior in the three cases mentioned above, so this may be something specific to your database or configuration. Are there any errors in the Dragnet or Vault server logs that coincide with the behavior you are seeing? The log files are in %windir%\sgvault and sgdragnet on the server machine.
5. If a Dragnet item has a specific priority and then you delete that priority in Dragnet, whenever you try to Modify the item in Dragnet you get error 500 as soon as you press the Modify button.

This is to be expected, since Dragnet is looking for the item priority and no longer exists in the database. Re-add the priority, then you can change the priority to a different value before deleting that priority again.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Mike Lukas

Vault - Dragnet Integration

Post by Mike Lukas » Mon May 14, 2007 6:07 pm

2. There is nothing in either the Vault or Dragnet log. I have attached a screen shot.

3. There is nothing in either the Vault or Dragnet log. Maybe the issue here is that the status field is empty.

4. There is nothing in the Dragnet log. In the Vault log there is the following message.

----5/14/2007 5:02:51 PM mikel--lightning.neotericsupport.com(192.168.100.132)--SSL Disabled FailObjPathInvalid

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed May 16, 2007 4:03 pm

A few questions:
If you login to Dragnet as Admin and look at Database values, are there values listed for Status? Were any of these statuses used for bugs, but then the status value was deleted from the database? If you look at the bug with the Dragnet web client, is the status blank?
Is there any error in the Dragnet log file? It's in the SGdragnet folder in %windir\temp\ on the Dragnet server machine.
4. If I update a Dragnet item from Vault and then view the item in Dragnet, when I click on the Vault filename or version, I get the message "unable to display history items. Error: FailObjPathInvalid"
It sounds like Dragnet is unable to connect to the Vault Server. In the Source Control section of the Dragnet Setup page, is the URL to the Vault Server properly listed?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

Mike Lukas

Post by Mike Lukas » Wed May 16, 2007 11:57 pm

2. If I login to Dragnet as Admin and look at the Database setup, I see the following status values: Open, Closed, Resolved, Duplicate, Cannot Reproduce, Deferred, Discarded. I don't believe we have made any changes to these. If I look at the bug in Dragnet, I see the correct status value.

3. There are no messages in the Dragnet log file.

4. The URL for Vault in the Source Control section of Dragnet is correct. When I click on a lVault ink in Dragnet it first takes me to the Vault login page and then shows the "Error: FailObjPathInvalid" message within a Vault web client page (see attached). I don't think its an issue with connecting to the Vault server. The same error message appears in the Vault server log file.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu May 17, 2007 3:08 pm

Have the files in Vault been moved or been renamed that you are trying to view? Dragnetsends us the path to the item in Vault, but that path is the path to the file at the time of checkin. If that path has changed (file renamed, moved etc), Vault Web will not be able to find the file.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

Mike Lukas

Post by Mike Lukas » Fri May 18, 2007 12:02 pm

It appears that the problem is related to a folder name in Vault. We have a top level folder named "Visual C++". Underneath that folder are a number of project folders. This works fine in the Vault GUI. The Vault Web Client will let me navigate through the folder tree and find the file, but when I double click on the file I get the same "FailObjPathInvalid" error. The Vault Web Client shows the folder name as "Visual C" instead of "Visual C++". What will happen if I rename the folder in Vault? Presumably that will break all the links stored in Dragnet. Could I run a query against the Dragnet database and update all the links in bulk?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri May 18, 2007 1:06 pm

You might be able to do this, however modifying the database outside of Vault can have unexpected results. Always back up the database first.

The value is stored in the table vaultchangesetitems, in the "fullpath" column.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

Mike Lukas

Post by Mike Lukas » Tue May 22, 2007 10:21 am

Thanks

What about the issue of the status values not showing up in the Details view of the Vault GUI (items 2 and 3 in the original post).

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue May 22, 2007 8:06 pm

It's not clear whether this is a Vault/Dragnet configuration issue, or a Dragnet database issue.

If you look at the same bug in Dragnet using a Web browser, rather than the Vault GUI client, a can you see the status, and other bug values?

Can you modify the bug via the web browser but not via the GUI client?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

Mike Lukas

Post by Mike Lukas » Wed May 23, 2007 7:22 am

I am able to view and modify the item from within Dragnet without any issues. I can see the bug, see all the status values and change the status to any of the status values.

The problem only occurs if I try to modify the item through the Details button in the Vault GUI Client. If all I do is just checkin a change to Vault and link the change to a Dragnet item, that works fine. If during the checkin I choose "Mark Completed", the item status in Dragnet is changed to "Closed".

The problem is not related to just a single item, the problem occurs with any item.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed May 23, 2007 12:47 pm

Send me a screen shot of the Details view of the bug in Vault, with the Status dropdown expanded.

Then send me a screen shot of the same bug in Dragnet via the web, with the status dropdown expanded.

I also would like to see a screen shot of the status section of Database Options. Log in as Dragnet Admin, select Database to get to this screen.

Email the screenshots to support at sourcegear.com attn: Linda
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri May 25, 2007 3:21 pm

If during the checkin I choose "Mark Completed", the item status in Dragnet is changed to "Closed".
I have an answer to this, based on the screenshot of your Database Options.

Dragnet has a Status Type of Pending. This status type is used for items marked Completed during a Vault checkin. In your database, the Value (or name) for Pending was changed from the default to "Closed." So a bug that has been marked completed in Vault will appear with the status Closed in Dragnet. If you want the bug to appear as Resolved, change the Status Type of Pending to "Resolved."

I don't have an answer to the Status dropdown in Vault just yet. Your database options alsoshow four values with a status type of "Undefined" which is not available by default in Dragnet 1.0.7.

What version of Dragnet did you start with? Have you ever manually modified the sgdragnet database?

It looks like there may be some database inconsistencies, so we'll need to troubleshoot further.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

Mike Lukas

Vault / Dragnet Integration

Post by Mike Lukas » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:06 am

We have only ever used Dragnet 1.0.7 and I don't recall ever manually editing the Dragnet database. When I try to edit any of the statuses with a type of Undefined, I get error 500 and asked to relogin. In the database table itemstatuses, these all have a value of 1 for status and values of 4, 5, 6, 7 for statustype. When I manually changed the statustype value to 4, they still showed as Undefined. After I changing the status value to 2, they now show as Closed and I can edit them via the web page.

What should the values be for the status and statustype columns?

Now that I have modifed the itemstatuses table, the status values appear in the Vault Client GUI.