Dragnet API and future versions

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

sirkirby

Dragnet API and future versions

Post by sirkirby » Tue May 29, 2007 2:56 pm

Hello,

Where can i find documentation on the Dragnet API?

Also, Where can i find information on the next version of Dragnet? or, is Fortress the next evolution?

Thank you,

Chris

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue May 29, 2007 4:35 pm

What you probably want is the Vault web service. Here's a link with more information:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6919

There will be a Dragnet 1.0.8, which will have Vista support and some bug fixes.

Further bug/item tracking development will be in Fortress
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

sirkirby

Post by sirkirby » Thu May 31, 2007 1:33 pm

lbauer wrote:What you probably want is the Vault web service. Here's a link with more information:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6919

There will be a Dragnet 1.0.8, which will have Vista support and some bug fixes.

Further bug/item tracking development will be in Fortress
When will fortress be available? and, will there be an upgrade path from Dragnet to fortress?

What I'm trying to understand is how the licensing will work. We are currently evaluating both dragnet and vault, and plan on purchasing a combo license pack in the next 30 days. just trying to figure out the best way to do this considering Dragnet is going away.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu May 31, 2007 1:51 pm

Fortress is due to be released next week.

Dragnet isn't going away-- we'll be supporting it for quite some time. But there will be no further major updates.

If you have Vault and Dragnet installed, you can upgrade your sgvault and sgdragnet databases to Fortress.

Regarding licensing, if you have Vault licenses and Dragnet licenses and Gold support for both, Fortress is a free upgrade. We have pricing for other scenarios as well. We'll be making these available soon, or contact our Sales department for details.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager