Hitting 'enter' gives unexpected behaviour

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Charles Monk

Hitting 'enter' gives unexpected behaviour

Post by Charles Monk » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:33 am

We just updated our installation to version 1.0.7.1379 from something ancient like 1.0.4.xxx. Everyone is complaining about the same thing...

If you've got an item open and you want to jump to another, you type the number into the 'Goto Item' box at the top of the page. Then hit enter instead of mouse-clicking on the button next to the text box.

What happens? The current page is apparently just refreshed.

It takes a second or two to realise you're not looking at the item to which you were trying to navigate. If you scroll down the page you'll notice that some red text has appeared under 'Add a Comment'. It says that 'The Subject or Body field is required.'

Apparently the 'Submit' button for the add comment section of the page has been wired up as the default for the Goto Item box too. I guess this is a mistake rather than an intended change, but either way it's driving us crazy here....

Beth

Post by Beth » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:40 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I verified that behavior and will log a bug.

Charles Monk

Any news?

Post by Charles Monk » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:00 am

Hello, is there any news about this? I looked on the SourceGear site and Dragnet isn't even listed on the download section these days. Will there be a fix and an update?

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:25 pm

It was fixed but rolled into Fortress.

The downloads are located here: Dragnet

Some qualify for special deals to move to Fortress and some get to move for free. Just contact our sales department if you'd like to find out costs.

Charles Monk

So no fix in Dragnet, then?

Post by Charles Monk » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:21 am

Hi, I found and checked the downloads for Dragnet. The version hasn't increased since our last update, I think.

Just now all we want is a quick fix for this one problem in Dragnet so that we can continue using it without hassle. If I can avoid trying to work out what Fortress is, or what an ALM is, let alone trying to negotiate upgrade pricing and so on, I'd be really happy. Sorry. Dragnet was fine for us. Can we download an older release to roll back to an version which didn't have this bug?

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:16 pm

Your options are:
1) If you have a 1.0.4 database backup, you can restore that database and return to that state.
2) If you have Vault, Dragnet, and Gold Support, the upgrade to Fortress is free, but would mean future licenses, that is if you add more users, come at that cost.
3) Remain at 1.0.7, but I really have no guarantees of what will happen with this in the future.

Charles Monk

Post by Charles Monk » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:05 am

OK Beth, thanks for clarifying.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:57 pm

If you have any problems taking any of these routes, you can email me at support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread.