Upgrading from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6

This forum is now locked, since gold support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

ajj3085

Upgrading from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6

Post by ajj3085 » Thu May 18, 2006 2:46 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to mention; I attempting to upgrade my instance of DragNet by running the new installer. The installer dropped the new files properly, but never updated the database schema (or attempted to contact the db server at all, as far as i can tell). I then tried to open a project's issues and got a 500 error.

Uninstalling and reinstalling did prompt me for database information and looked like it updated the schema.

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Thu May 18, 2006 4:37 pm

That's weird. It does sound like the upgrade script didn't run the first time.

What OS are you installing on? What version of SQL do you have on your machine? What version of the .NET framework are you using?
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Thu May 18, 2006 4:52 pm

OK, there does seem to be a problem with the upgrade installer on the website.

We will get that changed ASAP.

Thanks for the report.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

ZackJones

Post by ZackJones » Fri May 19, 2006 5:45 am

I'm having issues as well after installing the 1.0.6 upgrade. I'm getting a ton of 500 errors. According to the log the problem is:

Helpers::ListItemStatusValues Index was outside the bounds of the array.

I get this anytime I try to modify an item. I've downloaded the latest installer and ran it multiple times with no change in Dragnet.

- I first ran it and selected Repair. Didn't fix anything
- I next ran it and selected Complete Install. Didn't fix anything
- I next ran the uninstaller but chickened out when it wanted to connect to the database because I was afraid it would delete my Dragnet database.

Since the issue seems to be with Item Status here's what is listed in the itemstatuses table in the dragnet database (list shows label, statusid, status)

Unconfirmed, 1, 1
Open, 2, 1
Completed, 3, 1
Verified, 4, 1
Invalid, 5, 1
Disregard, 6, 1
Duplicate, 7, 1
Fixed, 101, 2

So at this point in time I pretty much can't do anything with Dragnet. Feel free to contact me through my profile or MSN messenger to help me get this resolved.

ajj3085

Post by ajj3085 » Fri May 19, 2006 7:14 am

mskrobul,

Win2k3 Standard, IIS6, ASP.net 1.1 and 2.0 both installed on the server, Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition.

ZackJones,

I got an error like this too; mine was caused by the remember me feature. Try clearing your cookies. If that doesn't work, it may be something else..

Andy

ZackJones

Post by ZackJones » Fri May 19, 2006 8:11 am

Andy,

Thanks for the tip. I think I have things working now. I ran the installer again (after I remembered that I made a backup of the database) and did the uninstall with keep database and then install with update database and was able to log in and select an item without getting a 500 error.

With luck my problem has been solved.

dan

Post by dan » Fri May 19, 2006 1:17 pm

The installer was not upgrading Dragnet DBs correctly, and that has now been corrected, and new installers are available.

If you upgraded yesterday, uninstalling and re-installing it will correct the problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience...