PDF Attachment

This forum is now locked, since gold support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

DavidAtABC

PDF Attachment

Post by DavidAtABC » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:33 am

Hi,

Couple of problems:

1) I've added some PDFs to a Dragnet item - tried both Add Comment / Attachment and Modify / Attach File. The attach seems to work fine, but when I click on the link to view the file, I get a blank IE browser window, but no document.

2) How do you change the description associated with Attached Files, added via the modify button? - doesn't seem to be a way.

Thanks.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:57 am

Can you provide more information on your set-up? (Version of Dragnet, server OS, SQL version, etc.)

I have mixed results going on with the .pdf files. I couldn't open it the first time I tried, but after closing Dragnet and reopening I could.

We have a feature request for being able to modify attachments that I will add your comment to.

DavidAtABC

Post by DavidAtABC » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:03 am

Hi,

Here's my version info:

SourceGear Dragnet Version 1.0.7.1379, running on Windows 2003 Small Business Server, SQL Server 2003.

Tried the close / re-open trick - didn't help. (I assume you mean close the browser window that's talking to Dragnet).

Comments / Feature Request:

Not sure if the attachment is saved in the DB, so my comment may not be relevant...

Would be nice to be able to select save actual file into Dragnet DB or just a link to it. This would allow the attachment to be modified whilst attached.

Could even go a step further and do both, save snapshot, save link and update snapshot if linked file is modified.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:53 pm

Have you tried opening the attachment from another client? What is the size of the attachment in question? Did you ever have a test repository in Dragnet for when you were evaluating before purchase, and if so, have to tried performing the same actions there?

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:43 pm

Would you be able to send the Dragnet Log File to me? That can be sent using the private option here or send an email to beth at sourcegear.com and reference back to this thread.

Is this happening with just one file or multiple files? And it's only PDFs that you can't view?