Reporting

This forum is now locked, since gold support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

APA

Reporting

Post by APA » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:23 pm

There doesn't appear to be any reporting in Dragnet so is there some sort of schema description available so that I can create my own reports?

As long as I'm asking for things how about a way to save queries.

Using Dragnet Version 1.0.7.1379 .

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:39 am

What types of reports do you want to generate?

You can save query results by clicking the Printable button at the top of
the query results page. This gives you an HTML page you can save as text or html and copy into Excel or a reporting tool.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

APA

Post by APA » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:38 pm

I want to generate reports showing all comments (with the filenames modified to fix the issue) on a group of items filtered by date resolved (which would I guess be modified date) and the resolver. In the query screen I can't tell what date it's querying on.

Also, saving a report as a file is not the type of saving I'm taling about. I want to save the criteria so that I can run the same or similar report repeatedly.

Also, and this is not report related but, Dragnet should update the resolver field with the user that ACTUALLY resolved the issue. When I check in a file through Vault and set it to close a particular item then it should set ME as the resolver. This does effect reporting to the extent that the resolver may be wrong.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:12 pm

You can can find the work items in the sgdragnet table named "items". You would have to join to the other supporting tables to get values such as milestones, status, time estimates, etc.

The other table in question will be messages. All item text associated
with an item ends up in that table.

You have some good suggestions about how to improve Dragnet/Fortress. I'll add those as feature requests.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

APA

Post by APA » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:35 pm

Is Fortress the replacement for Dragnet? Is there an upgrade path (i.e. pricing) for that or do we have to buy all new licenses? Is there a data conversion from Dragnet to Fortress if we upgrade?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:03 pm

If you have Vault and Dragnet, you can upgrade to Fortress. In fact, it's a free upgrade if you have gold support for both Vault and Dragnet.

The Fortress installer will detect the Vault and Dragnet databases and upgrade them.

If you don't have Gold Support, contact our sales department at sgstore at sourcegear.com for details on how to upgrade. You don't have to pay for full new licenses, just the upgrade cost.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear