Problem with Web Admin pages

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

msosa

Problem with Web Admin pages

Post by msosa » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi, I just installed Fortress Server v 1.1 on a Windows 2008 Server with IIS6 compatibility on. The installation process works well, but when I go to the login page (or any other page), there are no grahics, it's like old plain HTML. I can log in, create users, groups, etc., but the interface seems odd.

Any ideas?

Thanks.[/img]

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:52 am

I actually had seen that on my own system once before, but everyone else could view those pages fine. A reboot of my system cleared it up. If you don't want to try that, try using another computer to access the web pages and see if the result is the same. If it can view them fine, then I'd be back to recommending just rebooting.

msosa

Post by msosa » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:08 pm

Hi Beth, thanks for you reply. Unfortunatly I already reboot the server, and tryed from diferent computers, even with diferent browsers (IE 7 and FireFox), but the result is the same. You can try if you have a minute, from http://digitalminds.gotdns.com/fortress/.

Thanks again.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:59 pm

In IIS, on the properties for vaultservice, look in the directory tab, under Application Settings, do you have an application name configured there? If so, I think it's possible that special security was set up on it. What do you have there?

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:20 pm

It may be that static content is disabled in IIS. Static content should be enabled by default in IIS 7.

Go to ControlPanel->Programs and Features->Turn Windows Features on or off->Internet Information Services->World Wide Web Services->Common Http Features and make sure Static Content is turned on. You probably want most of those common things turned on for Fortress to work (except I don't think Fortress needs Directory Browsing).
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

msosa

Post by msosa » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:55 pm

Thank to you all. Finally mskrobul whas right, static contect was not installed. Turned it on and everything works like charm.

Thanks a lot.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:57 am

Thanks for the follow up. Happy to hear you're working.