Enhanced client using old Fortress server

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jseidell

Enhanced client using old Fortress server

Post by jseidell » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:50 pm

When we initially setup Fortress as a testing server we used port 81, http://fortress:81. Once we purchased we changed the port to a normal port 80, however the Visual Studio Enhanced Client still wants to use fortress:81 and I don't know how/where to change that.

Thanks,
Jason

jeremy_sg

Re: Enhanced client using old Fortress server

Post by jeremy_sg » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:23 pm

You'll need to use the Change Fortress Bindings dialog. Open the solution offline, and select the File->Fortress Source Control->Change Fortress Bindings. Select the solution or projects, and click the Unbind button. When you then click the Bind... button, you will be prompted for the server. Go through the binding process, and you should be working again.
Subscribe to the Fortress/Vault blog

jseidell

Post by jseidell » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:56 pm

I did an Add/Programs modify and repair option, neither of which seemed to fix the problem. I had changed all my saved sessions through the client, which did not affect this behaviour either.

As I searched I noticed my .vbproj and some of my .sln files had sccAuxPath entries that were pointing to the old server. So I manually changed all those files and then did a checkout/checkin. Is this what is getting changed when the project is unbinded and then rebinded??

Also had the smart idea of going back to the server and adding an entry for the site to listen on port 81. It now responds when using http://fortress:81 and then redirects everything back to port 80. So hopefully if there still is a project that didn't get updated it at least won't get error dialogs before the user can fix it.

Thanks for the input!!

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:02 pm

I'm glad that you are up and running, but sorry that you went through so much hassle rebinding everything. You're right that the sccAuxPath is the parameter that would be changed during the unbind/rebinding process.
Subscribe to the Fortress/Vault blog